Do the right thing at the right time.
- Consumer insights: With Chinese consumers spending more than three hours a day on their phones, it's become increasingly important to find a connected way to capture online consumer attention and create brand experiences together with them.
- Media strategy: We needed to build e-commerce traffic, and then convert this traffic into sales, while precisely targeting consumers to avoid ineffective media spend.
- A new working method: E-commerce and social media changes every second. To keep up with this pace, we needed to develop a new way to work together.
Enter project MARS.
- Mobile: With Chinese consumers spending more than three hours a day on their phones, we invested heavily in mobile, creating the first-ever dedicated SKUs to cater for online shoppers seeking a new kind of experience. From Peach, to lemon or vanilla – Using these dedicated SKUs, fans were able to order new flavours of Coca Cola on Tmall and customize their bottles with stickers
- Analytics: Harnessing EC RTB media tools on China's two biggest E-Commerce platforms – JD and Tmall, we built a logic chain that allowed us to precisely target five unique consumer layers.
Releasing multiple banners during the 11-11 campaign period, we succeeded in reaching each layer with distinct touch points, all the while harnessing data to optimize our performance and strategy.
- Real-time: Coca Cola China and Carat created a WAR-ROOM, a new working method that brands and agency together to track daily sales performance and media results, ensuring that all departments could optimize their strategies in sync.
- Social: Turning to social, we created an array of culturally-connected celebrity content and scaled this with KOLs to show consumers that when Coca Cola is part of your life, you can't beat the feeling.
We made gains off our successful 6.18 campaign, further optimizing our media efficiencies.
- Project MARS's smarter targeting increased click rate by 269%
- We increased our conversion rate 145%
- And increased ROI by 56%
- Becoming the drink of the day and doubling last year's sales on JD, and surpassing them by more than 4 1.5 times on Tmall
mcgarrybowen: The Fading Font
Creating awareness around the symptoms of Alzheimer’s through a specially designed font that was free for public use.
Driving transactions with Mondelez through a digitalised check-out counter experience.
BWM Dentsu: Project Revoice
Activating silent voices with a program to digitally clone ALS patients’ voices so they can keep communicating as themselves even after they can no longer physically speak.
Generating conversion for GhanaPostGPS through early engagement, awareness and measurable customer actions.
Driving engagement with William Patrick Corgan's new single through a blend of creativity and technology to create a world-first VR experience.
dentsu X: Disney Studios
A social commerce campaign using chatbot technology via Facebook Messenger to reach a wider audience and drive conversions for Disney Studios.
360i: Change the Picture
The #ChangeThePicture campaign focused on changing the picture of male mental health, featuring an Instagram gallery of 12 men who shared photos of themselves on social media looking like the pi...
Carat: Dis-Moi Elliot
Dis-Moi Elliot (translated as Tell Me, Elliot) was a campaign that aimed to reduce prejudice about autism through an innovative, interactive and experimental website.
Grip: It Takes Balls
Engaging audiences with the the bilingual campaign originated from one key insight: young men generally do not talk to their doctor about their testicular health until it's too late because they...
Malaria No More: A movement to end malaria
The #MalariaMustDie campaign has been supported by a range of agencies both inside and outside the Dentsu Aegis Network with the end goal being to rally the public support for political action o...
BC&F Dentsu: Heart Foundation
Everyone thinks they know what a heart attack looks like, but they’re almost always wrong as it’s rarely dramatic at all. This campaign by Barnes, Catmur & Friends in New Zealand drew attent...
Dentsu Aegis Network: Coca-Cola
Leveraging augmented reality, data, rewards and media traffic with Alipay to create Chinese New Year magic for families in China.
Taproot Dentsu: adidas
An ode to all the para-athletes across the world.
An in-store activation using neuroscience technology, helping shoppers decide what to buy.
Fetch: The Telegraph
Driving loyalty for The Telegraph with targeted app download campaigns and personalised re-engagement.
Dentsu Aegis Network: KFC
KFC has been in China for decades and needed to re-invent itself to win young consumers back and grow the business.
John Brown Novus: Starwood
A data-driven, mobile-first, travel and lifestyle content hub that puts our Intelligent Content model into action.
Driving transactions with Chevrolet through this immersive virtual showroom using spatial computing technology.
Driving conversion by establishing Eurostar as Europe's most-loved travel experience, using market-leading data strategy that would enable us to create real connections effectively.
BWM Dentsu: Qantas
Activating new business in the USA by helping more Americans travel to Australia with Qantas, by giving them a free passport.