Why this matters
Our business relies on the expertise, creativity and insight our people bring to their work. There is fierce competition for talent in many of our markets, particularly in the fast-growing economies where are business is expanding rapidly. To remain competitive, we need to consistently update our knowledge and skills in areas such as digital marketing. Any level of employee turnover increases costs, reduces the ongoing potential for innovation and weakens business relationships. Added to this is the complexity of operating in countries with weak governance over human rights, corruption and bribery, and discrimination in the workplace and industry.
We have set a bold market place target, focusing on ensuring that our people are involved in creating the best work place in the industry. We set strategy and policy at Group-level. The strategy is implemented locally by our operating companies, both geographically by brand but also horizontally by brand, through our delivery model.
We use a range of metrics that measures our work place performance, but the key one is the response in the employee opinion survey when it comes to the quality of the work place.
Using these metrics, we set a 2011 baseline for work place performance.
- Minority and diversity
- Human rights and labour rights
- Learning & development investment
We will ensure 90% of our people understand what Future Proof means in their day-to-day job.
Using our delivery model, we will achieve this by:
- Raising internal community awareness through our annual global social media campaigns;
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders around our global workplace programme, which leverages digital technology to take steps to reduce their energy consumption;
- Coordinate with our brands and HR on how to engage our people around the issues of gender, diversity, anti-discrimination and human rights;
- Work with our Future Proof champions to create locally relevant activities such as health & wellbeing, anti-discrimination and human rights activities.
Download the Future Proof Plan here for further information