The future of audience targeting and addressable media has arrived
Now you can reach real people at scale in media.
M1™ is Dentsu Aegis Network’s 100% people-based insights, planning, activation, and measurement platform. M1 capitalizes on the increasing scale of addressable media opportunities and the industry-wide desire for better accountability of media reach and performance, driving transformational value for clients in the following ways:
- The M1 platform uses the industry’s only true people-based ID mapped to every US adult with over 1,000 attributes for rich insights and audience creation, including advanced segments and models. Dentsu Aegis Network’s agency media teams can plan, buy, and measure media against real people, not proxies like cookies.
- Exclusive through the M1 platform is Publisher Addressable Marketplaces, 225 million unique people able to be targeted at a 1:1 level as known audiences across premium media owners and publishers like AOL, CBS Interactive, Pandora, and more. Publisher Addressable Marketplaces has more targetable, people-based ID’s than any leading media publisher or platform.
- Native to the M1 platform is secure, PII-based audience matching of client CRM and/or third-party, people-based audiences to media platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, and more, including addressable TV providers. Additionally, M1 includes integrated data onboarding to DMPs and DSPs, so people-based audiences can be seamlessly leveraged in programmatic media.
- The M1 platform increases and de-duplicates audience reach and improves frequency measurement across premium display publishers and programmatic media.
- On average, the M1 platform achieves 20%+ improvement in return on ad spend (ROAS) and 25%+ decreases in targeting waste from dramatically reduced fraud and addressable targeting at scale in digital media.
- The M1 platform consolidates and creates cost efficiencies of normally fragmented and expensive third-party data providers, identity, and data matching/onboarding services. What normally takes weeks of manual processes between different teams takes minutes within the M1 platform.
- A 100% accountable business model – pay only for impressions served to known individuals
Podcast: Merkle's Data Worldview
In an episode of AdExchanger Talks, Dentsu Aegis Network's John Lee talks in depth about M1, which he calls "the data and connectivity power plant that serves all of the agencies."
Merkle Becomes a Snapchat Partner for Audience Match
Merkle announced that it is a Snapchat Audience Match API Partner. Through the audience match API, Snapchat will enable advertisers to take customer relationship marketing (CRM) level data – email and mobile ID – and anonymously match that data with Snapchat’s trove of consumer data to reach more consumers more accurately and at scale.
Read Press Release
Dentsu Aegis Network’s Doug Ray On Data Privacy And A Pivot To More PII
As more marketers seek to use data to achieve the kind of accountability that direct-response media has typically provided, agencies are improving the way they handle sensitive consumer information. In the past month alone, Dentsu Aegis Network rolled out a PII-based data platform and appointed a global data compliance officer in advance of new EU regulations.
Read Article on HuffingtonPost
M1™ is a trademark of Merkle, Inc.